Thursday 3 November 2011

Ok ok I’m sorry


Ok ok I’m sorry I’ve been away for quiet some time! What with going on me jollies and doing the last pop up I’ve been sadly very lax with the old blog! Sorry folks!

So any way although Cyprus is not quite the European capital of culture it did get me a little creatively excited (this may be due to the copious amounts of booze the olds plied me with!!!).

What I love about Cypress in October is the abundance of wonderful fresh out the field veg and just amazing fruit growing every where. My particular fave is the pomegranate.
Pomegranates bring back childhood memories of being sat by the fire eating the seeds with a pin (yes a pin! my mums way of keeping me and the brother quiet! It worked well) so in adult hood I still have a fondness for the little blighters!

You can imagine my joy to see hundreds literally hundreds of the buggers going to waist! So I decided to go scrumping with my mum! And I have to say it was well worth it I have never taste any thing quite as lush and sweet as a scrumped pomegranate!

No comments:

Post a Comment